If you have an inquiry, ask for a quote from us or conclude a contract with us, we will process your personal data. We also process your personal data among other things in order to meet statutory obligations, to protect a legitimate interest in the business relationship with you or on the basis of consent granted by you.
Depending on the legal basis, the personal data will fall under the following categories:
- Personal and contact information (e.g. surname, first name, business address, business telephone/mobile number/fax/email/function/position)
- Payment data, e.g. information which is necessary for the processing of payment transactions or the prevention of fraud, including credit card numbers and card verification numbers
- Other information whose processing is necessary in a project or the execution of a contract with us or which is provided voluntarily by our contacts, e.g. orders placed, inquiries made, proof of qualifications or project details
- Information which is collected from publicly available sources, information databases or credit agencies
- Information concerning relevant court cases and other legal disputes in which the business partners are involved, insofar as this is necessary in compliance screenings
The processing of the aforementioned categories of personal data is necessary in order to achieve the following purposes:
- Communication with business partners concerning products, services and projects, e.g. in order to process inquiries made by the business partner
- Planning, execution and management of the (contractual) business relationship between us and the business partner, e.g. in order to process the order of products and services, to collect payments, for accounting, billing and debt collection purposes and in order to process deliveries
- Organization of customer surveys, marketing campaigns, market analyses, competitions or similar actions and events
- Maintenance and protection of the security and safety of our products, services and websites, prevention and detection of security risks, fraudulent behavior or other criminal or malicious activities
- Compliance with legal requirements (e.g. retention periods required by tax and commercial law)
- Settling of legal disputes, enforcement of existing contracts and assertion, exercising and defense of legal rights
The legal basis for the processing is provided by Article 6 (1)(b), (c) and (f) GDPR or your express consent pursuant to Article 6 (1)(a) GDPR. The processing of personal data is necessary in order to achieve the aforementioned purposes, including the execution of the (contractual) business relationship with the business partner. Our legitimate interest is established by the aforementioned purposes of data collection.
If the aforementioned personal data is not provided or if it cannot be collected, it may be the case that the individual purposes described cannot be achieved.
If an express retention period is not stated at the time of collection (e.g. in accordance with a declaration of consent), your personal data will be erased if it is no longer required in order to fulfil the purpose for which it is stored, unless statutory retention requirements (e.g. retention periods required by tax and commercial law) require otherwise.