The STIHL Battery in Detail
Find out more about the technology and functions of your STIHL battery.
Data interchange between the battery and the charger
- For mutual recognition and identification
- With current and voltage monitoring (e.g. to regulate the engine speed if the cutter is jammed)
- Reports an excessive battery temperature
Individual cell voltage monitoring
- No overcharging, no total discharging
- For reliable operation, durability and long service life
Light-emitting diodes (LEDs)
The battery has four LEDs to indicate the charge state and messages about the battery and the power tool.