Waiblingen-based ANDREAS STIHL AG & Co. KG has honored five suppliers with its "Supplier of the Year 2013" award. ANDREAS STIHL AG & Co. KG is the world's leading manufacturer of chain saws and produces many other portable power tools, including trimmers, brushcutters, cut-off machines, blowers and sprayers. The certificates that go with the awards were presented at a special ceremony in June by Dr. Bertram Kandziora, chairman of the executive board and senior vice president, manufacturing and materials.
Since it was introduced in 1990, the "Supplier of the Year" award has been presented to a total of 93 suppliers. Twenty-three of those companies have won the award twice, six have received it three times and two four times.
The assessment criteria for the award were: outstanding accomplishments with respect to quality, technology, innovation, service and price-performance ratio. The "Supplier of the Year" award spotlights those suppliers who have supported the company in its quest for high supply quality, punctual deliveries, flexibility, cooperation and special know-how.
The five award-winning suppliers of 2013 are:
- Cosmos Manufacturing, Inc., South Chicago Heights, USA (Mufflers, Clutch drums and Stamping parts).
- N.I.R.A. S.p.A., Villongo, Italia (Rubber parts).
- Carl Stahl GmbH, Süßen, Germany (Throttle cables, Circuit breakers, etc.)
- ThyssenKrupp Presta AG, Division Massivumformung, Eschen, Liechtenstein (Crankshaft parts and chain sprockets).
- Velleuer GmbH & Co. KG, Velbert, Germany (Stamping parts, Springs and Brake bands).